This morning Mars entered the sign of Gemini (Aug 20, 2022) around 12:57 am PDT. September 3rd is when Mars enters the shadow degrees of the coming Mars retrograde in Gemini.
Mars in Gemini is an extended period through March 25, 2023!
Mars retrograde in Gemini dates are:
- September 3, 2022 – Mars enters the retrograde zone
- October 30, 2022 – Mars stations retrograde at 25 degrees Gemini
- January 12, 2023 – Mars stations direct at 8 degrees Gemini
- March 15, 2023 – Mars leaves the retrograde zone
This will be a period of time where our actions and use of our free will can have a reversal and intensity of feedback from what we perceive and think, to what we communicate, and also what we learn. Mars at the beginning of the retrograde station on October 30th is square to Neptune in Pisces which may intensify confusion or intentional obstruction of facts. Be mindful, ponder things of great importance, and note the sources of critical information. Fantasy is fun, but not when facts are needed.
Here are a few things to consider while Mars is retrograde in Gemini.
- Facts in and what obstructs the facts
- Disruption or conflicts of communications, news media, and those who are responsible for it such as journalists, news anchors, influencers
- Sibling brothers
- Travel disruptions and accidents, especially local and transits such as trains and buses
- Elementary schools and libraries experiencing challenges
- Themes of mind, the science of mind, mindfulness, and the inner journey relative to self-actualization
- Books and content materials revisions
- Any country that has Gemini prominent on one of its angles will be facing issues, fact-finding perhaps in relation to the law (Sagittarius opposite)
- Closures of schools and universities potential for violence and health
Mars in evolutionary astrology we delineate as the planet for courage and the use of our free will, and even our instincts being fully engaged, however as an astrologer of the Traditional discipline as well I know the challenge Mars presents in our collective as well. We are always in the flow of a collective unfolding of life, so I think it is valuable to consider where there would be yield signs or better yet simply be more aware of how we are engaged in something larger than our individual life experiences. We are participating and when you know yourself with deeper insight and clarity you can participate with a lot more ease and less struggle. It does not eliminate it, astrology merely gives a guide to the cosmic weather of the ever-unfolding present moment.
During any retrograde it is always beneficial to take inventory of habits, and things that have blocked us from our full potential, clear the decks, purge outdated material possession, and digital files, and a general cleansing to step forward when the retrograde period is over for a refreshed new beginning. For Mars in Gemini, consider where Gemini is in your natal chart, this is the place in your life where this active review is happening and where you can pause, observe, and release before setting a new direction. The retrograde cycle of Mars is a lot longer than Mercury’s usual 3 weeks. It will be the end of October, November, December, and early January for this process. What will you do for your Mars “reset”?
If you follow me on Instagram (my Facebook is still kaput and I’m still working on getting reconnected) or just replying to the newsletter with any thoughts on what you think this will be and then what actually is experienced. I really love hearing from you and sharing your insights!
Have a great weekend! Namaste. Bless this moment.